Re: OT: standalond DSL in Carbondale

unfortunately verizon wont let anyone sell naked dsl unless you are a
CLEC and have your own Dslam in their collocation facilities.  I know
NeonDSL resells verizon dsl (as does every dsl provider in verizon's
area here in southern illinois), but i honestly couldnt tell you if
they also have their own Dslam serving carbondale.

If you are willing to get phone service, the company i now work for,
ShawneeLink.net, gives customers static IP addresses standard on
residential service.

Casey