Re: Looking for a command... - Kommander - Visually Draw Dialogs

On Fri, 2005-04-01 at 17:58 -0800, Bryan J.Smith wrote:
> That all aside, isn't the semi-new KDE  "Kommander" a RAD (Rapid
> Application Development) environment for building shell (and other?)
> scripts for Qt/KDE?
> I thought it could make DCOP and other object calls to the KDE system as
> well?
> I'll send a link when I get home tonight (I'm on PST).
> That might be what you're looking for, or at least a tool that can help
> automate things from the KDE desktop (if that's what you want to do).

Here's a couple of links as its part of the Quanta HTML Editor
Project:

2004Jun KDE.news Article:
  http://dot.kde.org/1087424515/

Screenshots:
  http://quanta.sourceforge.net/main2.php?snapfile=snap02

Kommander is both an editor and executor.  It seems to have event
handling, although how much of the environment is designed for dynamic
web languages like PHP and how much is focused on shell scripting and
controlling child shell processes I have no idea.

But it's worth a look if you really get frustrated.

--
Bryan J. Smith                                  b.j.smith@ieee.org
Community software is all about choice, choice of technology.