Re: DEBIAN

Too play devils advocate:
I recently bought an acer travelmate laptop,
Grabbed the weekly debian testing CD.
Started it up, it fully installed, told me it autodetected everything,
rebooted and oopsed.

I was forced to move back to stable to get something that produced a
functional kernel, so I am a little burned by the Debian installer at the
moment.

The thing I don't like about the new install system is that it asks you so
little. Sure it's great when it autodetects everything and works, but when it
doesn't? Not much you can do about it but change distro's

N ZG.