Re: wtf ( fart ) is the deal with vsftpd on Fedora Core 3

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 17:43:51 -0600, Kyle Pointer <kapointer@charter.net> wrote:
> This is really starting to bug me. I've been using Fedora Core for a
> while as apposed to Gentoo, but for some strange irritating reason the
> ftp server, vsftpd, is having some weird issues. I'm not sure why, but
> if I try to connect to it it just times out after about 4 minutes. I
> have tried changing the umask etc etc but nothing has worked yet. :(
>                 -- kyle pointer
>
> -

not alot of info there...
1).  What is in your logs?  AFAIK vsftpd logs to /var/log/messages
2).  I know that if ident is blocked (port 113) it can cause delays,
but I haven't seen it block completely.

The logs really are the important part (as usual).

GS