mozilla and the user folder

greetings.
i've created a personal folder on my usbdisk so that i may keep my
emails and bookmarks and such, but i had a problem.  i changed
everything that i could find inside mozilla to the new location,
however, when i deleted the pre-existing folder it said it couldn't find
the needed files.  even though i know the mail and cache files/ folders
where in the new folder.  should i have moved the other files over?  is
there something i should have changed but didn't (i know the answer is
yes but i cannot fathom what that 'yes' would mean)?

--

Bentley Rhodes
1435 Luce St.