Re: greetings, rss query

Ray Holtz wrote:

> Mozilla makes an email program like outlook express that includes an
> RSS reader.  It is called Thunderbird,  I use it for email, but never
> tried the RSS function.
>

> bentley.rhodes wrote:
>
>> k, does anyone know if there is an RSS reader out there for mozilla?
>> i've googled, and Yahoo'ooooOOOOooo'd, but i've only found firefox
>> (which doesn't appear to work).

I use the Thunderbird RSS and it's a pretty handy way to get blogs/new
site stories into your email client.  Sucks for things that are longer
than 1 webpage cause it then just dumps out to the browser for
subsequent pages.  Other than that, it's a handy and sleek way to read
news sites right in your email client.  Looks just like another email
account.

Firefox can also make bookmarks called livebookmarks to RSS feeds.  Pop
one in your linkbar above your surfing window and it will automatically
refresh the headlines and all you have to do is read them then jump
straight to the story.  Been months since I went to the actual /. homepage.