USB2 and thumb drives limit?

I have a two-port USB2 CardBus adapter that allows my thumb drives to
run at full 480 Mbps speeds. But it seems I can only use one at a time,
and it doesn't matter which one. If I insert the second, I lose access
to both.

Is this a limitation of USB2 hubs in general, or possibly a power-
related limitation specific to this hub (it's an ADS Tech USBX-2001)?
The card has a power port for an external power supply, but one wasn't
included because it's supposed to draw any power it needs from the
CardBus interface.

Has anyone else had any problems connecting two thumb drives to the same
USB2 hub? I can connect one thumb drive to my ThinkPad's built-in USB1.1
port and the other to the ADS Tech USB2.0 adapter, and can access both
with no problems (other than extreme slowness on the built-in port).

-- Doc
Robert G. (Doc) Savage, BSE(EE), CISSP, RHCE | Fairview Heights, IL
Fedora Core 3 kernel 2.6.9-1.681_FC3 on a P-III/M IBM Thinkpad A22p
"Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
                         -- Admiral of the Fleet Sergei G. Gorshkov