Re: Microsoft edging toward the brink?

On Saturday, Feb 12, 2005, at 13:11 US/Central, Bryan J. Smith wrote:
> Microsoft isn't about making consumer products, it's about control of
> the distribution channel.  It's that control that makes it very tough
> stop.

Here, here!  MS isn't a software company.  It's a software distribution
company.  Things that are chipping away at the control of the
distribution chain: FLOSS, BitTorrent, cheap CDs and CD-burners, and
inexpensive broadband.

Some random thoughts I had last Summer and put on the wiki in December:

   http://www.cwelug.org/cgi-bin/wiki.cgi?DistributingFLOSS

Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org/downloads
Help others get OpenSource software.  Distribute FLOSS
for Windows, Linux, *BSD, and MacOS X with BitTorrent