Re: General Linux Laptoppin'

All good points, thanks for the info.
I will probably try to get a laptop that comes with a CD, so I can just wipe
it as suggested and repartition, that would probably be easiest and safest,
but I'll have to see what's available.
Not all laptops come with an Windows CD do they?
It's been awhile since I bought anything that wasn't barebones.
If not, repartitioning will be the only option, and backing up would be nice.
I've got a net drive on my Debian box, I wonder if I can just dump the backup
to there?
Leaving a fat partition is certainly a good idea I hadn't even thought of that
as my old dual-boots were 98, XP wil be a new realm of uglyness I'm sure.
Does XP insist on being installed on an NTFS, or can I put it on a Fat32?

thx,
NZG..