Re: Xandros3 released

Leon Raymer wrote ..
> It sounds like Ubuntu will meet all criteria for wife, mom, and you....a
> solid, free-beer Debian with no junk.

Sorry, I'll pass. GNOME makes my skin crawl. If I liked GNOME that much, I'd be using Fedora Core 3.

Now, on the other hand, if you had said MEPIS is a solid, free-beer Debian with no junk, then I'd probably have to agree with you there. MEPIS is also primarily KDE, but can be converted.

Xandros has wired their flagship differentiator app, the Xandros File Manager, very deep into KDE, so it's not really useful to switch it out for GNOME.

Mike/