Re: Tools and Techniques

On Fri, Dec 10, 2004 at 01:39:38PM -0600, Tim McDonough wrote:
> nice but not absolutely necessary. Any libraries or frameworks based
> on Perl, PHP, Python, HTML, etc. available that you can recommend?

Perl:
  o homebrew mod_perl handler
  o HTML::Mason (http://www.masonhq.com/)
  o CGI scripts using CGI.pm and the various HTML modules...
PHP:
  o Write your own application from scratch; PHP is its own framework
Python:
  o homebrew mod_python handler
  o Draco (http://draco.boskant.nl/)
  o CGI scripts using htmltmpl and some of the available HTML
    classes...

If you're really wanting to geek your application out, you can try
interfacing Javascript with CGI programs on the server, but that's
really more a show of stupidity^Winsanity than it is practical for
anything.

--
Nathaniel Reindl

    "Die Grenzen meiner Sprache bedeuten die Grenzen meiner Welt."
       (The limits of my language mean the limits of my world.)
			-- Ludwig Wittgenstein