Re: fc3 + iptables

On Monday, Nov 22, 2004, at 01:07 US/Central, Casey Boone wrote:
> what is considered to be the "proper" way to load your own rules?  i
> can always call a script from rc.local, but i would rather do it in
> what is considered the "right way".  the iptables init.d script reads
> rules from /etc/sysconfig/iptables, so would it be prefered to edit
> that file? is there something else i am overlooking?

On RedHat, I have done the following:
  - create a backup copy of /etc/sysconfig/iptables
  - add/modify/edit iptable rules using the 'iptables' command
  - when I'm happy with what I've got, I type 'service iptables save'
which overwrites /etc/sysconfig/iptables

Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org/downloads
Help others get OpenSource.  Distribute FLOSS for
Windows, Linux, *BSD, and MacOS X with BitTorrent