Re: apt-get for FC3? -- Livna.ORG updated but not Fedora Extras?

On Wed, 2004-11-10 at 18:30, Bryan J. Smith wrote:
> Since FC3 (CL4.1) and FC2 (CL4.0) are ABI compatible, all Fedora Extra
> (Fedora. US) packages for FC2 should work on FC3 -- including APT, etc...
> Unfortunately, Fedora Extras (Fedora.US) doesn't seem to have all the
> packages rebuild for FC3 yet.
> Otherwise, Fedora.US _does_ have all Fedora Core and Updates.  So
> you _can_ point the Fedora Core lines in your file
>   /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mirror-select.list
> to the appropriate Fedora Core 3 directory.
> But you'll need to wait a bit for the Fedora Extras packages.

This is funny.  Livna.ORG _has_ been updated for Fedora Core 3:
  http://rpm.livna.org/fedora/3/i386/RPMS.stable/

But not Fedora Extras:
  http://download.fedora.us/fedora/fedora/3/i386/RPMS.extras/

FYI, many packages that were previously Fedora Extras (Firefox,
Evolution Connector, etc...) are now in Fedora Core.

So I guess Fedora Extras has a bit of cleaning/testing to do against the
release Fedora Core, whereas Livna.ORG has the same set of packages
because they would never be included in Fedora Core (because of the
licensing issues).

--
Bryan J. Smith                                  b.j.smith@ieee.org