Re: Zaurus un-discontinued in US

On Thu, 2004-11-04 at 16:47, bob@evilkat.com wrote:
> hmmm looks like there has been a bit of an about face
>
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/11/04/sharp_zaurus_turnaround/
>
> still doesn't hold hope for me getting my clamshell zaurus but it's nice
> anyway

Bob,

There was a time I'd have clawed my way through a crowd to buy one. Now,
as an owner of a Zaurus SL-5600 and a Treo 600, in my opinion there's no
contest between the two. The Sharp is too big & bulky, and can't place a
phone call. Like my SL-5600, the SL-6000 is aimed almost exclusively at
the corporate market. That means that support for individual buyers will
be slim to non-existant.

-- Doc
Robert G. (Doc) Savage, BSE(EE), CISSP, RHCE | Fairview Heights, IL
Fedora Core 1 kernel 2.4.22-1.2199.nptl on P-III/M IBM Thinkpad A22p
"Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
                         -- Admiral of the Fleet Sergei G. Gorshkov