Re: Sendmail vs. Postfix vs. ?

At 04:17 PM 9/3/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>i dont understand why it not being bsd licensed has anything to do with
>using it.  the licensing issues would only affect(effect?) you if you
>modified it in some way and wanted to redistribute it.  IIRC postfix is in
>the ports collection and you compiling/installing it is in no way
>restricted by the license it is under.

Casey,

When you're using Open Source software, it makes sense (both to me and a
lot of other folks) to only use and support the s/w that is licensed
according to the principals to which we subscribe.

qMail (et al djb), PostFix, the new Apache are NOT BSD (i.e. completely
free) licensed s/w and do not get our support. I have heard rumblings that
the Sendmail folks have also decided to change their license, so that could
also be an issue in the future.

If you don't care, then feel free to use whatever you like.

         Lee