Re: Sendmail vs. Postfix vs. ?

>From: "L. V. Lammert" <lvl@omnitec.net>
>It is our policy to only use s/w that is BSD licensed for our primary
>servers. Sort of the principle of the thing. There are many options out
>there, why not use the ones that follow your ideology?

fair enough

>Besides, one must have a *little* suspicion of a s/w license more

i have no problems with a license more restrictive than bsd as long as the
restrictions arent on usage of the software itself (ie, i care not about
restrictions on distributing modified versions as i will probably never
redistribute any modified version).  if you want to distribute a modified
version but not release your changes negotiate a different license with the
copyright holder.

>restrictive than BSD. To some degree, GPL will have more and more legal
>issues in the near future, as the SCO case disintegrates and the s/w
>patent issues start wending their way through the courts.

see there is a little problem with that.  just because the gpl is more
restrictive than the bsd license doesnt mean that something licensed under
BSD is immune to software patents.

as is the case with BOTH gpl licensed and bsd licensed code, if it does
infringe on a software patent, someone will work around it and release a
.diff