Re: Sendmail vs. Postfix vs. ?

Hi Travis,

On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 15:57:52 -0500 UTC (9/3/2004, 3:57 PM -0500 UTC my
time), Travis Owens in part wrote:

T> Also, it's been my experience (only recently, mainly due to laziness)
T> that Postfix is much easier to configure, especially for things like
T> spam prevention.

It all boils down to what you are accustomed to using and learning. I chose
qmail, tinydns, tcpserver, etc... I set up my own RBLs, and reject those
IP/blocks that I list. I also use some commercial ones, like spamhaus, etc.
I also configured qmail to only accept the IP addresses of lists that I am
on, like this one, and permanently reject (with a 55x) at the HELO phase of
SMTP all other IPs, trying to use my list email address... I do not need to
parse incoming email headers or body with reg-ex.

End result, when email addresses get harvested from lists, they are rejected
from my server... I also set up for the client, selective spamassassin by
user in an individual dot-qmail file, for those that want it. I also only
accept valid users and reject all others. If a user starts to get spam, just
drop his address, and issue another. On my personal server alone, I have not
seen one spam in over 2 1/2 years, with 7 domains, 200+ aliases, and many
users. From my perspective, it just does not get any better.

--
Gary