Re: Linux on Sun

On Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 10:21:49PM -0500, Jason V Smith wrote:
> I installed Debian 3.0 on a Sparc 20.

Better yet, I installed Debian 3.0r2 on a Sun Fire V100.  It's a
production box even.

The only thing that caught me off-guard was the whole swapped ethernet
port thing (e.g., dmfe0 in Solaris is eth1 in Linux), but that's not a
big deal, and it isn't like that caused a big problem anyway.

--
Nathaniel Reindl

    "Die Grenzen meiner Sprache bedeuten die Grenzen meiner Welt."
       (The limits of my language mean the limits of my world.)
			-- Ludwig Wittgenstein