Re: wifi, knoppix, WEP

On Monday, Aug 23, 2004, at 17:24 US/Central, Casey Boone wrote:
> i would open up a terminal, su - to root, and use iwconfig
>
> however that is what that knoppix util uses unfortunately :\
>
> you could try it by hand to see if maybe you can figure something more
> out.  also try running airsnort or kismet and see what they see (you
> can also put your wep keys into each and see if they can decode the
> frames, maybe the key you are using has transposed digits from the
> real key)

At this point my question seems to be, were is the error?
  - hardware
  - pcmcia
  - wifi driver
  - configuration
  - encryption
  - other

'sudo kismet' failed with "unable to open cisco control file
/proc/driver/aironet/eth0/Config  2:No such file or directory"

At this point, I've already spent way more time than I should have.
Time to move on to more important projects.

Regards,
- Robert