Re: 3ware, tw_cli, disassemble/rebuild array

On Thursday, Aug 19, 2004, at 17:15 US/Central, Robert Citek wrote:
> What we would like to do is remove all the drives (0-7) and then
> rebuild the array.  Is that possible via the tw_cli, or do we need to
> reboot the machine and do this from the console window before Linux
> boots?  Been googling but haven't found any useful info, yet.

tw_cli maint remove c0 p0

However, that won't work.  Not because of an error with tw_cli, but
rather because the RAID is still in use.  The RAID is ID'ed as
/dev/sdb.  Turns out sdb has three partitions (1-3) on it, and we are
still using two of them, one as swap and the other as a mirror for
another disks' partition.  If I can make those unusable, then I might
be able to remove the drives (ports) from the HW RAID.

Will tackle this more tomorrow.

Regards,
- Robert