Re: PHP vs Perl

Nathan is absoloutely correct.
You can write about "anything" to be *.CGI script, as long as
it has executable permissions, and the extension ".cgi" (assuming Apache is
configured to recognize .cgi as "CGI" scripts)

We used to do this with Perl :

#!/usr/gnu/bin/perl
print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";

plain ole UNIX Shell scripting language :

#!/usr/bin/ksh
ulimit -c 1
print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";

and even compiled C programms,

You just have to make sure in the main C program, you put in
the Content type line somewhere after main( ) :

main(int argc, char *argv[]) {
  FILE *file_fp;
  char buf[BUFSIZ];
  int dow;
  int compare;
  int all_days_change=0; /* flag */
  long  record_start;
  long  record_next;
  int strlen_arg1=0;
  char *my_char;
  int changed=0;

  printf("Content-type: text/html\n\n");

It will work. Doing it this way, you are responsible for
all of the output HTML tagsto the browser though. If you make an HTML
syntax error, your CGI might display un-expected output or
none at all. Just print the basic tags, you'll be okay.

Roger Hill