HP JETDIRECT setup.

Hello all. Finally got around to setting up a
jetdirect card (j2550A, firmware A.04.09) in my HP5
printer. Printer sees the card. Default RARP/BOOTP
setup gives the printer the following ip identity, as
it were:

HOST NAME: 192.168.0.102
IP Addy: 192.168.0.102
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Def. Gateway: 192.168.0.102 (my Dilink router)
Syslog server not specified
Idle timeout 90
SNMP Get CMTY Name: all
SNMP Set CMTY Name: None
BootP Server 0.0.0.0
Config file:

Here's the issue. Darn thing won't print. In Xandros
2.0 it  *should* just work. The printer setup utility
sees the card and I setup the printer for other and
the utility sees the jetdirect card. What doesn't seem
to happen is the hostname assignment. I type in
socket://192.168.0.102:9100, per the example and the
tool shoots this error up:

Cannot connect to the specified host printer.
You many not be able to print on this device.
Do you want to continue.
Y N

I can click yes and continue to set the printer up
without any more errors. It's seen in the printer info
box as either idle and accepting jobs or busy and
accepting jobs. Doesn't ever print a thing.

I cannot telnet to the printer interface, eventhough
HP says I should have that ability.

Here's my questions:

Do I have to manually setup a print que somewhere? If
so, where and how.

Would a firmware upgrade to the jetdirect card help?

Anyone have experience with this sort of issue and
have any suggestions?

BTW, setting up the ip addy on the printer manually,
doesn't help the situation.

Awaiting your knowledge and wisdom, or is that
wisecracks?

Bonnie