Samba Success

SUCCESS!!!!  After many tries and any pleads for help, I have gotten the
Samba server to run in the Windows 2003 Active Directory.  I don't exactly
know what I did though, but here's what I figured out:

Whenever I had tried to make a change in smb.conf I would testparm and then
restart the smb service.  I never thought about having to restart the
winbind service.  but today i read something in the winbindd man page that
made me realize it was a service too and might need to be restarted.  The
only change I made today was to change the winbind separator from / to +.
The previous intern set it to a forward slash, but everything I read kept
saying plus sign.  I changed it,  restarted smb and winbind and eureka!  A
user can log into windows and get to their own private share on the Samba
server.  Now I need to figure out how to make the server create their share
when they first try to access it, so I don't have to create 1300 shares.

Allright!  I fixed someone else's setup.  Now I wonder if I can create it
from scratch!  that will be a home project soon.

Thanks all for the help, for putting up with the many email i've sent,  but
this problem was driving me up a wall!

Ray