Re: WebDAV or something better?

On Tue, Jul 20, 2004 at 02:53:52PM -0500, Ken Keefe wrote:
> The book neglected to mention anything about security with DAV. Is this
> a secure protocol? I am mentally planning a web server that will host
> about a dozen personal/family sites and I would like a secure method of
> publishing.

You have to run WebDAV over SSL if you want any sort of encryption
behind the communications involved.

That should be relatively trivial for anyone, and Web Folders under
Windows understands it to the best of my knowledge.

--
Nathaniel Reindl

    "Die Grenzen meiner Sprache bedeuten die Grenzen meiner Welt."
       (The limits of my language mean the limits of my world.)
			-- Ludwig Wittgenstein