LPI and Distros...

So I have thought about it and I want to try and get LPI certified I
have read the website quite a bit. I know Kara is a key player in LPI
development so I was hoping I could have a few questions answered...

Firstly, I wasn't able to locate the "Level Objectives" that they kept
talking about on the website, can you either point me to them or just
summarize them? I'm sure they were right in front of my face...

Next, what study materials do you recommend? I've only seen a "Bible"
book at my local bookstore, but I didn't like it that much. Plus there
only seems to be books on the level one exams...

Finally, I noticed that LPI is distro independent, which I think is very
admirable. My question is, what distro should I use to study that is the
most "standardized?" I use Mandrake right now, but I think I am growing
out of it. In Mandrake, I have been doing my best to move away from
"Mandrake" tools and especially graphical tools, but a lot of the time I
don't know if something is only in Mandrake or standard to Linux
(example: the "service" command I thought was standard, but I don't
think it is.) I have been reading a little bit about Gentoo and that
sounds pretty good. I understand that this is supposed to be a Red Hat
list serve, so if you want to email me off list, that would be fine.
Regardless, any suggestions about distros or LPI in general would be
greatly appreciated.

Also, I have been thinking about using Slackware as a server distro, I
have read many sparkling reviews for Slackware in the server department.
Anyone have some comments or suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Ken Keefe