Re: Fedora Core 2 CD-ROMS

On Sun, 2004-07-04 at 21:31, Mark Thurman wrote:
> Hello,
> I tried downloading the Fedora Core 2 *.iso files, but my CD burner
> keeps messing them up.  Its old, and doesn't handle *.iso files very
> well.  For other distros, I can usually make a boot disk (floppy) and
> boot into a net-install, however, I haven't been able to find a way to
> do that with FC2.  Would someone be willing to burn the *.isos for me so
> I can pick them up at the meeting on Wednesday.  Just tell me how many
> CD-Rs and or money you want for compensation.  I've got CD-Rs, just not
> a good burner.

Mark,

I'll be glad to. There are 9 CDs in the complete set:  4 binaries, 4
sources, and 1 rescue CD.

Boot floppies are no more. The Fedora Core kernel has grown too big to
fit on a 1.44M floppy. If your system BIOS doesn't support booting from
a CD or a USB thumb drive, it's time to go shopping.

--Doc
Robert G. (Doc) Savage, BSE(EE), CISSP, RHCE | Fairview Heights, IL
Fedora Core 1 kernel 2.4.22-1.2197.nptl on P-III/M IBM Thinkpad A22p
"Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
                         -- Admiral of the Fleet Sergei G. Gorshkov