Re: LPI -- composite scoring mean even qualified people don't pass

> Bob T. Kat LPIC1

Congat's Bob!

Ray Holtz wrote:
> I only wish that I could share in your excitement.  I didn't pass the
> 101 exam.  I knew when I finished it that I didn't. And I didn't even
> take the 102 exam based on that feeling.   But at least the report shows
> what areas I need more study time on.  I will get this done sometime.

Just because you didn't pass doesn't mean you're not one heck of a Linux
sysadmin.  There can be areas where you just haven't touched before, even
though you may have years of experience.

The LPIC-1 and LPIC-2 tracks test a broad base of knowledge.  I've seen
people come out just shy of a 500 score who were qualified.  But like with
any composite score, a percentage of people are going to not get a passing
score by design.

> Oh well, at least I've got a samba/web server running at home now.

And that's a good start.

A lot of Linux admins with 3+ years experience just don't touch some
of the commands and features.  It's hard to write an exam that covers
everyone.  It might even be possible that you could pass the forthcoming
Samba Level 3 exam, but fail the 101 or 102.

But if you run Linux full-time for 6-12 months at home as your primary
workstation and server, you will end up touching just about everything.

--
     Linux Enthusiasts call me anti-Linux.
   Windows Enthusisats call me anti-Microsoft.