Can I stop accounts from receiving mail?

Hi, everybody!  I'm loving Fedora Core 2.

Is there a way to make it so that a user account can't receive mail?  I'm
using sendmail.  Some spammers have figured out that "root" exists for
many (most?) domain names.  So... I'd like to block mail to "root" from
the outside world.

Actually, there are other people who use the machine that need to be
blocked as well.

Is there a "simple" way to do this restriction?  (I've searched Google,
but haven't hit on the solution.)

Thanks,
Charlie