Fedora Core [2] for Dummies: Book+DVD/CDs kits for $29, $39, $49

I remember noting on several lists that people were complaining that
they needed a Red Hat boxed set because they couldn't afford to download
Fedora, didn't want to deal with Cheapbytes.COM, never heard of Red Hat
Professional Workstation (RHPW), or wanted a Fedora, not RHEL-based
(which RHPW is), retail box etc... (whether the excuse was valid or
argumentative, that's not the point).

Well, IDG's For Dummies series has you covered!
I forgot to pass this along before (doh!).
Available at _any_ bookseller, they have _plenty_ of stock of these.

You have three options to choose from.  _All_ come with the _full_
binary+source on DVD, plus (2) CDs of select binaries (for those without
a DVD) ...
$29:  Regular "Dummies" Book
$39:  All-in-One "Desk Reference" Version (more technical, non-noobs?)
$49:  "Desk Kit" = {"Dummies" Book, Commercial/3rd Party Software CD}

The last one is nice because it contains a lot of the "licensed"
software like RealPlayer, xMAME, MPlayer, MP3 for XMMS, etc... that is
not redistributable with Fedora Core or Extras.  Although you can get
them as part of Fedora "3rd Party" -- e.g., I use Livna.org -- these
versions are 100% licensed and official (or I assume so in a book?).

All three are available for Fedora Core 1:
http://www.dummies.com/WileyCDA/DummiesTitle/productCd-076454232X.html
http://www.dummies.com/WileyCDA/DummiesTitle/productCd-0764542583.html
http://www.dummies.com/WileyCDA/DummiesTitle/productCd-076454263X.html

And the first one is available for Fedora Core 2 next week:
http://www.dummies.com/WileyCDA/DummiesTitle/productCd-0764567926.html

And the second one will be released for Fedora Core 2 next month:
http://www.dummies.com/WileyCDA/DummiesTitle/productCd-0764567934.html

Hopefully the 3rd one will be available within a month or two.  Maybe
it will contain a lot of Fedora "Extras" like LyX, Scribus and other
goodies.

If you have people _new_ to Linux, there's nothing like a Dummies book!
Especially if they have a DVD drive to boot (literally ;-)!

--
Bryan J. Smith, E.I. -- b.j.smith@ieee.org