Postfix filtering for Exchange server

Hello all!

Just wondering if I've got this right here...

I'm looking to setup a postfix server on a firewall/router to filter
emails -- blocking spam -- then relaying it to the MS Exchange server on
the LAN.

First, does this make sense, and is it plausible? (I'm pretty sure it
is)

I believe if I use the relay_domains parameter with the
relay_recipients_maps setup for all the valid addresses listed, along
with the Exchange server setup with a higher priority in the DNS records
for internal resolution, the firewall/postfix server will accept the
mail via postfix and filter via the rules that I establish, then pass
the valid emails on to the Exchange server.

Here's the basic setup in case I'm having trouble explaining in an
understandable format:

Postfix:	rt1.domain.com 		10.0.0.254
Exchange:	ntmain.domain.com	10.0.0.2

DNS records = rt1 = priority 10, while ntmain = priority 5

INET -> Postfix (10.0.0.254) -> Win2K (10.0.0.2)

If I'm understanding the book (O'Reilly) correctly, the relay_domains
parameter works off of DNS priority, then Postfix reverts to the
transport maps for how to deliver messages.

If that's the correct interpretation, the above example should work,
right?

Thanks!
--
Travis Owens <openbook@linuxmds.com>