Re: Help a sshd newbie! (Here is the results from that script)

> If you cannot ping the loopback which it would appear that you can't.
> The problem lies in the TCP/IP stack. Check that the tcp/ip stack is
> installed. I defer to others here to help with checking that.
>
> Hope it helps
>
> Steve

I have a couple ideas here. First, there's probably an option somewhere
that does the equivilent of the sysctls settings on the various bsds.
Basically, you can make it a blackhole and not respond to anything by
setting kernel variables. I bet that mandrake's secure setting does this
and then the kernel discards ICMP packets. I of course don't know what
this is called in linux, but check the /proc filesystem or the equivilent
in 2.6. Perhaps our list provider knows about this? (Steve, are you
listening?)

Brandon Joseph Adams
Fresh I, Kettering University
bja@metawire.org