Re: cgi-bin

KH> Perl scripts load the perl interpreter and compile the script on
KH> every single execution... Php is a module of the server.  It is a
KH> built in handler for the server and is loaded into memory with the
KH> server...

Debian has multiple Apache packages.  The one that I installed -- Apache-Perl --
is Apache with mod_perl statically linked.  Under the circumstances, Perl
availability versus PHP availability should be a non-issue.

There still remains the fact that the Perl modules will compile the cgi scripts
every time they are executed.  Is there a way to keep compiled scripts resident?
Is the biggest hit on performance going to be loading Perl (when it isn’t a
module) or compiling the Perl-cgi scripts?  Are PHP scripts compiled ahead of
time or interpreted without run-time compiling?

http://www.peachpit.com/title/0201735687   :-)

KH> You can also use the address of the greatest warez site in the
KH> world: http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/my_script.cgi and it will magically
KH> find your computer no matter where it is.

You’re trying to tell me something here, but it went over my head.