Re: ndiswrapper

You are exactly right. I always get carried away by
price or features, and after this many years of being
a linux user, I still forget sometimes to check
compatability. However, I really thought the Trendnet
wireless card would be fine since the company had a
link to the source as well as binary drivers for
Redhat. I guess I should have looked a little deeper
and I would have found how bad the driver really was.
On the other hand, sometimes I think I really like the
challenge of getting things to work. Sometimes half
the fun is just figuring it all out anyway. I go back
to the early Slackware days (before 2.3 at least) when
you had to have a boot and a root image floppy, and
then you swapped out all these other disks (a series,
n series, etc). If you wanted X to work, you sure
better have the hardware specs to your video card and
monitor. I definitely do not take for granted just how
far installations and automatic hardware detection
have come. But my next purchase, I will definitely be
asking advice first. I am a die-hard laptop user, and
they always present the biggest challengs for hardware
support.