OpenSource under Windows (was: chmod + chown )

On Monday, March 29, 2004, at 09:18  PM, <dsavage@peaknet.net> wrote:
> Interix was a genuine, certified UNIX that runs on top of the Windows
> NT/2000 (and now XP) kernel. This latest version (3.5 IIRC) is now
> being
> distributed at no cost, just like IE. It contains all the goodies:
> grep,
> find, ls, ...

Ah, MS is getting into the Unix distribution game.  Interesting.

> BTW, I won't claim it's better than Cygwin. Now that they both cost the
> same :-), you can pick whichever one you prefer. USW doesn't come with
> source code.

Actually, I don't do Windows.  If I download a copy of the CD, can I
make more copies to give to my friends?  Do you have a direct URL for
the download?  I'm curious to know what the EULA says.

Regards,
- Robert