Re: Browser hijacking [Was] Xandros

At 11:08 AM 3/29/2004, you wrote:

>Thanks Lee (and others):
>
>  I will pass that info on to him. You feel Netscape is better than the
>recent Mozilla?

Not better, .. but it is a simple matter to use NN as your 'default'
browser, .. then, **IF** you decide to pursue a site that, for example,
requires JS to operate properly, you can open Mozilla and proceed.

It's sort of like a first line of defense - I always use NN, and only if I
want to do something with JS, Java, or a Cookie, I transfer the URL to Mozilla.

>I ask because maybe by using Mozilla Mail he can avoid all
>the viruses. He does use anti-virus software but it won't catch the latest
>virus versions (i.e. bagel.U and so forth). I just thought Mozilla mail
>might offer some relief from the virus e-mail.

Don't know about Mozilla mail, .. I was speaking specifically of the
browser task. Using one browser [NN] 'locked down' with the other (Moz)
less restricted seems like the best of both worlds.

         Lee