Re: OEMs, software distribution, P2P (was Xandros --...)

Quoting Robert Citek <rwcitek@alum.calberkeley.org>:
> I agree.  There is nothing inherently anti-IP with P2P.  It's like
> freedom of speech or any empowering technology.

I like to refer to it as "the right to digital assembly."
I don't think people realize what is at stake.

> BTW, the "you" in those questions wasn't meant to single you out,
> Bryan.  But rather was mean for everyone on this list.

I don't take offense to anything here.  I've learned that after 10 years of
dealing with LUGs.  Threads go off in all sorts of directions, I've just don't
take things personally.

> Torrents are becoming more and more common, especially for large files
> like ISOs.  For example, RH Fedora Core:
>    http://torrent.dulug.duke.edu/

Yeah, I'm still trying to keep up with all the changes in Fedora.  Wow!  Best
thing Red Hat ever did.

My school has spring break next week, so I'll definitely have time to check it
out.  Thanx!

--
Bryan J. Smith, E.I. -- b.j.smith@ieee.org
Engineer, Technologist and School Teacher