Re: Xandros (was Fedora Core) [(was Xandros 2.0)]

Thanks for your input Mike. I realize that you are partial to Xandros
and I can respect that, but please also respect my opinion. I will
eventually install this OS on supported hardware. The distro was given
to me, and I attempted to install it on what hardware I had available.
It didn't work. Please accept my apology for not checking the Hardware
Compatibility list first.

I'm sure Xandros is a fine distro. It is Linux and it attempts to help
people convert from MS products. A noble cause. It didn't work for me
right out of the box, My initial impression was this, and please
everyone be aware that this is my impression and my impression alone,
being mostly a casual user whose background is in Aviation Maintenance
and not any type of IT work at all.

Quote:
"Had I purchased Xandros Desktop OS 2.0, I would have returned it to my
place of purchase for a refund or store credit. The exterior of the box
lists all the system requirements, and the intended hardware meets or
exceeds everyone of those requirements. It also states clearly on the
outside of the box that 'Install in four steps that anyone can
complete'. It does also state clearly, and highlighted in red just below
the system requirements, 'see Xandros.com for an updated list of
supported hardware'. I did not follow these directions and the OS would
not install on my hardware."

As a sidebar; after the fact I looked over the outside of the box for
all available information. A website www.xandros.com is listed but there
is no phone support.

Thanks again for giving me the opportunity to express my first
impression here.