Re: Mozilla MPlayer plug-in and Radeon dualhead (was Re: Xandros

On Sun, Mar 07, 2004 at 07:28:51PM -0600, Bryan J. Smith wrote:
> Er, how about the Xinerama extensions which must be passed on the line
> when the actual X program is launched?  Don't forget about that one.

Actually, last I checked, that could safely be passed in
/etc/X11/XF86Config in the ServerLayout section and expected to work
that way.

from /etc/X11/XF86Config-radeon-dualhead-knownworking:
Section "ServerLayout"
	Identifier	"Default Layout"
	Screen	0	"Screen0" 0 0
	Screen	1	"Screen1" LeftOf "Screen0"
	InputDevice	"Mouse0" "CorePointer"
	InputDevice	"Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
	InputDevice	"DevInputMice" "AlwaysCore"
	Option		"xinerama"
	Option		"Clone" "off"
	Option		"Xinerama" "on"
EndSection

And that _just_worked_ as I wanted.

... even then, passing the options on the command line still doesn't
work.

--
Nathaniel Reindl

"Du weisst doch, dass du es lesen willst, und mach was du musst, weil
es das einzige Ding wird, das du machen wirst."