Re: Success!!! (was Wireless Help)

On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 04:12:28PM -0600, Ken Keefe wrote:
> BTW, I have noticed a minor glitch with oowrite. For some reason the
> double quote character (") doesn't work on some fonts, such as Times New
> Roman... Does anyone know what the deal is with that?

OpenOffice does its own font rendering (old legacy crap, don't ask),
so it wouldn't surprise me for TrueType fonts to not always render
properly.  (It may also be trying to substitute a non-TrueType font,
or one of many other reasons...)  Your best bet is to try to avoid
TrueType fonts.

I've had problems where TrueType fonts display fine on-screen, but
then OpenOffice produces Postscript that none of my printers grok.
Fun stuff...