Re: I'm Looking for a Database Wizard!

The Gods and Goddesses have looked down upon me and they have smiled!

I talked this morning to my buddy the Linux advocate in the MIS Department.  I
now understand that the company has *multiple* servers running MS SQL Server.
Each of these servers is considered mission critical and I don't have a prayer
of getting access to any one of them.  That's the bad news.

Here's the good news.  My buddy is the network administrator.  He has absolutely
no objection to installing the MySQL back end on one of his Red Hat servers with
the following understanding: (1) I have to have no objections from the database
administrator. (2) I'm on my own as far as setting up the database.  I don't
expect him to give me anything greater than normal user access to the server,
but if I can come up with a instruction sheet on what configuration or data
population needs to be done on the server, he will do it for me.

Following that, I downloaded MySQL 4.0 and I was able to load it on my Win2k
workstation as an unpriviliged user. (Yours Truly snickers at Bill Gates' notion
of computer security.)

This is more than I hoped for.  :-)