Re: Dell Linux blog -- Bull! This is just unexplainable!

On Sun, 2004-02-08 at 09:54, Jonathan wrote:
> I got the same treatment when I bought my RedHat Dell Dimension. At the
> time there were 800 Mhz machines but I could only get the preinstalled
> Linux on a 600 MHz computer.

It was total baloney.  But they would not sell you an memory beyond
128MB, and they said they would not support it if you upgraded it since
it was not "certified."

*TWO* Dell sales reps at the balls to even say, "Linux doesn't support
more than 128MB of RAM."  I "corrected" both of them, and they
eventually said, "well, we don't support it if you put more than 128MB
of RAM in it, which is the only configuration we will sell you."

Again, this was "someone pushing buttons."

How do you kill a product's market?  By making it an undesireable
product.

--
Bryan J. Smith, E.I. -- Engineer, Technologist, School Teacher
b.j.smith@ieee.org