Developing our way to decline

This a brilliant insight into the developer mind. Despite the fact that
these folks are Novell CNE, MCSE+I, MCSA, MCSD, Lotus Notes CLP, Sun
Certified SCSA & SCNA,Checkpoint CCSA & CCSE, Cisco CCNP, Cisco Security
CSS1, CVoice, CIPT, and A+ certified, they are essentially morons.

Actual bug report:

version: 1.5.9 (using KDE 3.1.92 (alpha2, CVS >= 20030921), compiled
sources)
Compiler: gcc version 3.2.1
OS: Linux (i686) release 2.4.22-ck2

I dragged a .po attachment to the desktop from KMail and selected Copy
Here. It created a png file with the name gettext.png!

------- Additional Comment #2 From Ingo Kl�cker 2003-11-14 11:15 -------
That's a great new feature of KHTML. I don't think we (the KMail
developers) can do anything about it. Reassigning to the guys who
implemented this new feature without thinking about the consequences (or
maybe they did but just forgot to tell us what we have to change).

Today's bug report in KDE 3.2.0 final relase:

------- Additional Comment #10 From wbsoft at xs4all.nl 2004-02-06 11:22
Still there in KDE 3.2.0

When I drag the icon from KMail, I get a PNG image.
When I drag the filename, I get the attachment.

I think this is a very severe bug.

Think of a user who drags an attachment to his/her desktop, thinks it's
OK, and then deletes the message and closes KMail, only to discover that
the nice looking icon (which looks the same if previews are turned on!)
is only a little PNG file, and that the original attachment is lost!

------- Additional Comments From j.e.drews@worldnet.att.net  2004-02-07
> That's a great new feature of KHTML. I don't think we (the KMail
> developers) can do anything about it.

The KHTML changes are a great new feature but they break things?  THEN
WHY THE HELL DID YOU SHIP IT!