Re: I hate Linux

Tim,

I'm a Windows/RedHat refugee and, in my humble opinion, you....and perhaps others in this discussion....could benefit by a trip to www.libranet.com.

They've put a user-friendly front on Debian and apt-get and have a new "up-date safe" archive.

Yes, I did have to put up $75 for the two-CD set, but I did so with deep gratitude after fleeing Windows and runamuck RedHat.

Leon

On Sat, 2004-01-31 at 14:02, Tim McDonough wrote:
On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 23:37:06 -0600, Steven Pritchard wrote:

> Don't give me that crap.  My parents and my in-laws (all
> grandparents now, thank you very much) have had Linux boxes for *
> years*.

If you were building a new machine today for a user who needed basic
online stuff and Open Office what distro and version would you
recommend? About the only "under the hood" type work the user would do
is backups of their work files and occasionally install a new game or
something.

Tim