GNOME Brokenness in Mandrake 10-beta

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced GNOME to be broken in the
10-beta version of Mandrake? I'm running a dual-monitor setup on NVIDIA
cards and I'm sure it's not Xinerama or the NVIDIA cards that are screwing
up. I've setup TwinView (using nvidia drivers) and Xinerama (using the nv
XF86 drivers) and they both work fine using KDE and Blackbox. Any
thoughts, experiences? I was talking to some guys in a cooker chatroom and
they can't place anything either. The actual problem is the font is
incredibly small, gconf complains that it can't find files (that exist and
are correct), and GNOME/GTK apps work outside of GNOME.

Since GNOME is effectively broken, I wanted to try Ximian Desktop 2
(Ximian  GNOME). Unfortunately, Ximian makes this available for only SuSE
and RedHat. As an experiment, I thought I'd try to install ximian onto my
copy of Mandrake before I wipe this and go back to FreeBSD. To do this I
need the contents of /etc/redhat-release. Can someone please post the
output of a Red Hat 9 /etc/redhat-release. Thanks.

Slightly off topic, but Mandrake 10 is looking to be very good. The 2.6
kernel is nice and brings Linux back up to the responsiveness of the
FreeBSD 5.x and beyond.

Brandon