Re: considering covad

At 04:49 PM 1/27/2004, you wrote:

>You're smoking something, Lee. And I mean that in the nicest way possible.
>:-)

Of course!

>I have said, like 10 times now, that SBC charges me $92 per month for TWO
>ISDN "wires".

Actually, two wires, but that's trivial <g>. Phone lines come in pairs.

In any case, you have service that is not sold on this side of the river!
In MO, 2B = 1 pair = $90/month for 24/7, $60/month for 40 hours, $40/month
for 20 hours.

>SBC does not meter my ISDN Line.  I can use this
>line for local phone calls, or for internet service with an ISP.

Of course, if you have the proper equipment. There are many router issues
however support calling features.

>This is different than doing a point to point ISDN circuit to an ISP.

To my knowlege (from the late 90s when we were using ISDN always-up),
SWBell does not sell point-to-point ISDN, only PRI (ISDN T1).

>So, 1+1=2, and $45 + 40 = $95.

OK, that makes sense. If you're getting a unrestricted 2B+D for that price.

>I may be lucky, since I was set up with Ameritech prior to SBC taking
>over.  They haven't changed my pricing, however, so I'm thankful for that,
>if I'm not getting ripped off like you are.

I expect that IS the case! SWBell does not change rates once you are
installed, .. it would be interesting to know what the rate would be now.

         Lee