Re: considering covad

At 06:08 PM 1/26/2004, you wrote:

>The _only_ carrier I've found that will offer me service above 28kbps
>dial-up is Covad. I'm considering their TeleSpeed IDSL 144 symmetric
>service at $139/month with 5 static IP addresses, either a Netopia
>R4652-T or Efficient Networks SpeedStream 5871 router, aand advertised
>99.9% guarantees for availability and packet delivery (within their
>network).

Covad's 144 Kbps is really DSL bonded over ISDN, so the distance
limitations are non-existant. Of course, the speed is a lot less, but you
do get a PVC.

>Does anybody have any good or bad experiences with Covad? Or any "rest
>of the story" tales?

If that is one of your choices, let me know - we can save you a few bucks
(we resell Covad). (Won't know the actual price until I put in the prequal.)

         Lee