Re: Credit card processing vendors, recomendations.

> Or maybe use it as an internet terminal if I could get wireless coverage??).

Check out GSM support in the areas you have shows. They can get you roughly the
same throughput as a 56K modem now. That's not the same as Sprint's high-speed
phone wireless offerings, though.

And if you're _really_ smart, you can setup a secure WML proxy app on your own
webserver that proxies your normal authentication requirements entered on the
phone via a WML web form, processed by your proxy app on your server, and then
have the results relayed back to the phone as a WML page.

Or if you want to get fancy, setup a VoiceXML server and just talk your way
through the authorizations. :=)

But I'm probably violating several patents just mentioning such a setup.
Freakin' USPTO 'tards. No offense intended to the mentally challenged.

You would probably want to get one of the new phones that have a QWERTY keyboard
attachment or that Nokia with the flip-over qwerty on the inside.

Oh, and FYI - ATT will NOT "unlock" your SIM for any reason. Even after you have
met your contractual obligation. I believe T-Mobile will do it on request. That
said, there are services that can sell you a "log" to unlock it. But, they're
all Windows programs that decrypt the "log" to unlock your phone. :(

But that's another story.

In any case, my "candy bar" phone, the Sony Ericsson T616 is still a sweet
little phone. Bluetooth, camera, infrared, email, MMS text messaging, Internet,
Java, Calendar and Contact syncing, and polyphonic ringtones. Schweeeeet.

Mike/