Credit card processing vendors, recomendations.

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone on the list has any experience with accepting credit
cards online?
I need to get this rolling, but the choices are overwhelming.
I have found some with low/no setup fees, decent discount rates (the rate you
are charged for accepting CC's) and some good reviews, but there is still a
$200us charge for a 'Secure Gateway License'.
Sounds like an SSL Cert to me, but I haven't found out for sure.
I'm trying to find out if I can get that part a little cheaper (I'd rather
spend my money on candle supplies).
For right now I would like to go through a third party and let them worry
about security and processing, maybe in the fututure I will look into colo
and my own CC processing, but I need the easiest/quickest solution for now.
And I have enough headaches just trying to set up my local network, I don't
want any more work on the web site for shopping cart/CC/security than I have
to.
So if anyone has a favorite CC vendor/merchant account or any horror stories
I'm all ears.

Thanks,
Matt
--
Littlegrassy.com      Soy Candles, Bath and Body Works
Matt Wehland          mjw@littlegrassy.com