Re: Linksys NIC-correction

On Sun, 2004-01-04 at 17:35, Ray Holtz wrote:
> Duh!  not IDE ports,  ISA ports,  sorry, I had a brain fart.  It's been such
> a long time since I've needed to say 'ISA port'

Ray,

Two 3Com 3C509x (not 3C905) cards should do the job. These ISA cards
come in at least three interface varieties:  x=A (Thinnet + AUI), x=B
(10Base-T + AUI), and x=C (Combo Thinnet + 10Base-T + AUI). Not nearly
as intelligent as contemporary PCI cards, they require you to pass them
a few arguments at boot-time (I/O port, IRQ, etc.). FYI, these are
strictly half-duplex devices, but I doubt throughput will be a problem
for you.

If you are interested, I'll check our "treasure" box at the office.

--Doc Savage
  Fairview Heights, ILl