Re: DVD Jon acquitted -- again!

On Mon, Dec 22, 2003 at 06:30:43PM -0800, Joe L. wrote:

> I am happy he was found innocent, bur from what I read a few weeks
> ago the Norwegian system might not be the best. He was tried two
> times for the same crime.  That's double jeopardy here in the good
> old U.S. of A.

Actually, if one is tried for the same crime in different court
systems (i.e., state and federal and civil and criminal), the trials
are considered valid and legal.

Then, as far as appeals go, the appellate courts can say whether the
trials were just and declare that a retrial take place in the case
that they aren't.  A valid trial will then take place.

Anything you do, don't take that stupid movie to be factual.  There is
so much misinformation in there that it'd boggle your mind.  Really.

--
Nathaniel Reindl

"Du weisst doch, dass du es lesen willst, und mach was du musst, weil
es das einzige Ding wird, das du machen wirst."